Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Journal 3-Hostage

I would not be the person to be held hostage. I would not be able to control myself. I do not like the feeling of someone else controlling me and having no ability to change it. If I were held hostage, I would first be really scared. I would think about what is going to happen, if I will get hurt, and if I will survive. I would cope by trying to calm myself down first of all. I would think of ways to escape from hostage. In a hostage situation, things are usually very intense. I think that I would not only be scared, I would be upset. What would upset me the most is not knowing what will happen to me in the future. At that point, I would decide whether or not I would want to live or die. Depending on the seriousness of the hostage situation would influence my decision. If I have the feeling that I might not get out alive, I would try to escape with all costs, and whatever happens to me happens. If I have the ability to try and make it out alive, I would stick it out until the end and see if I could be one of the last ones standing. It would help me if other people were in hostage with me. I would have somebody to talk to, to keep me from going completely crazy. Together, we would make a plan of escape and give each other's opinions. If I were in hostage alone, I would probably go crazy. I would spend too much time thinking about my family, friends, and how much I am going to miss while in hostage. I would start to think of all the things that I wanted to do before I die, and all the things that I wish I had said to people. At that point I would try to make myself a better person because would not know if I would survive or not. I would drive myself crazy talking to myself about the things that should have and could have been done. I think that if I were held hostage, well, then that just will not be the right situation for me to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment