Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Journal #29

Self is really hard to define, simply because I have not fully developed myself. I am still young and have a long way to go, so I do not think "self" can really be defined until I am in the stable years of my life. I believe that I am here for a purpose. I think that there was a reason that God put me on this Earth. I am not sure what this purpose is yet, but I think that is in the journey of finding myself. As for who I am, my name is Courtney Rose. I am currently 16 years old. I have a mom named Barb, a dad named Brian, a brother named Carson, and a niece named Brooklynn. I am a junior. I am about 5'7 and the only sport I participate in anymore is poms. My favorite color is teal blue and I do not have a favorite food. I am hard to define and hard to understand because my thinking process is different from most other people. I am different from a lot of other people too. I do not involve myself in useless drama, and I tend to be pretty quiet. I am usually quiet because I just like to take things in. I am a hard worker and easily motivated. I go after what I want and I am not afraid of the people who try and get in my way. That is just me on the outside. I believe in God and I think that he does everything for a reason, although sometimes I do not understand. I like nature, but I take it for granted most of the time and do not feel "connected" to it like authors of the time period did. I do not believe that there even is a true definition of the word self, I think that you just kind of give it your own meaning. Whatever is chosen to be done in life is the meaning you give yourself. Your decisions, morals, expectations, etc. help to form your "self" and your image.

No comments:

Post a Comment